About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two beautiful and inspiring girls!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

What a Crazy Week!

Have you heard the old saying "When life gives you lemons make lemonade?" Well I made a lot of lemonade this week. My week started out great! I went to my Monday morning bootcamp, prepared the lesson for my Faith Formation class, my husband didn't have to work late, dinner as a family was great and the kids fell right to sleep! It was a dream day! Then Tuesday happened...the day started out as usual and actually went really well...until I stopped at Sonic to get dinner after Faith Formation. I was sitting at the stop sign waiting for my turn when I realized the A/C wasn't getting cold...as my family and friends will tell you, me and heat don't mix. As I was fiddling with the A/C buttons I realized that the charging light and the brake light on my car were on...what could be going on? Well God must have been looking out for me because I made the decision to drive home...I learned later that wasn't the smartest idea in the world because when the Alternator belt on your car breaks, your car could just die while your driving and make it impossible to stear...Did I mention that my two girls were in the car :(

Well to make a very long story short and boring, my car is now fixed and my husband and I have less in our savings than we did at the beginning of the week. Did I mention that my car is a Nissan Murano and every part on the car is worth its weight in gold?

I did promise Lemonade...I like to think of myself as handy around the house and I have been known to fix a garbage disposal or two, but I never thought that I would be doing car repairs. When our car was at Nissan being repaired and they performed their 100 point inspection, they realized that my car needed new rear brakes at a cost of $250. I don't know about you but that is a lot of money...my husband made some calls to see if we could get it done cheaper somewhere else. A friend at work told him that if he bought the brakes, he had a friend that would put them on for us for $65. Knowing nothing about brakes, I called my dad...the car guy...and he mentioned that if he were not old and fat (his words) he could put them on for us. I mention this fact to my husband and the light above his head lit up with dollar signs. I say dollar signs because my husband is a money hoarder and if he could save a penny doing it himself, he will! Needless to say, that night my husband and I changed the brakes on my car...I like to think that I did it all myself and he would like to say the same...but in the end we couldn't have done it without each other...I guess that is what make us a great pair...Yin and Yang :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

wow-- can you do mine??? amazing!